How to Register
How to Register
To register for a Licensed Child Care Centre, simply follow these steps:
- Call the Child Care Centre of your choice directly and arrange a tour with the Director. Tours are given by appointment only.
- Complete a registration package and discuss a start date with the centre's Director.
- Return the completed registration package, along with the first month's registration fee
During the tour, the Director will give you information regarding fees, financial assistance, and availability. Our centres accept and process registrations year round. If there is no availability at the centre of your choice, complete a wait list form. When a space becomes available, you can complete your registration package at that point.
To complete the registration package, please make sure you have the following information:
- Details about your child(ren) and family
- Your child(ren)'s doctor's address and phone number
- Your child(ren)'s record of immunization and health history
- Any relevant custody information
- Pre-authorized payment (void cheque or credit card information)
Child Care Fees and Financial Assistance
Fees for YMCA Child Care can vary depending on the age of your children, the program you select and the Centre you plan to attend. For the current information, please contact your local YMCA Licensed Child Care Centre.
All of our Licensed Child Care Centres also accept children subsidized by the municipality. To learn more about your local subsidy program, contact your local subsidy office.
County of Lambton Child Care Subsidy 519-344-2057
Chatham-Kent Community & Social Services 519-351-8573
Before and After School Programs
For many parents and guardians, their children's school day is often shorter than their work day. So how can you make sure your children are well looked after even when they're not in school?
The YMCA is the largest provider of not-for-profit Licensed Child Care in Canada. With Before and After School programs available at 16 locations in Chatham-Kent and Sarnia-Lambton, we provide:
- A safe and caring environment for your children to learn and grow
- A curriculum that focuses on character development and team building
- Well-trained, qualified staff committed to treating children with respect and dignity
- Programs that leverage an emergent curriculum
- Winter break and March break proframs in some locations
- Very affordable fees and financial assistance to those families than cannot afford to pay the full fee
Whether you need early-morning programs or after-school supervision, ensure your kids enjoy a safe, secure, and fun environment. Register your child today, take a look at our facilities, or call our Child Care Administrator at
519-336-9622 x242 for more information.