TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2020
Woodstock YMCA reopens fitness facilities September 28
Good news! Woodstock YMCA will officially reopen its doors on Monday, September 28. Taking care of our health is important now more than ever, and the Y is here to help our communities stay active, healthy, and improve their well-being. Woodstock YMCA membership payments will resume on October 9, so members can try out the facilities at no cost for the first few weeks.
What to Expect:
We've modified spaces, access points, and traffic flow throughout the facility. These measures include increased disinfecting practices and hand-santizing stations, glass barriers at membership desks, contactless scan-in stations, and more. As we reopen program areas in phases, amenities are currently limited to the fitness floor only.
While it may look and feel a little different, there will be plenty of helpful signage to guide you. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask a staff member!
What You Can Do:
We all have a shared responsibility to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Here are some things we are asking of members to support health and safety:
- Maintain 2m distance from others.
- Wear your mask to enter/exit the building and while travelling through the facility (washroom use, changing equipment, etc.)
- Follow directional arrows and entry and exit signs.
- Have your membership card ready. By scanning your card upon entry, you are acknowledging our pre-screening declaration that is posted next to the card scanner.
- Arrive dressed for your workout. Change rooms and locker storage will not ve accessible.
- Bring your own filled waterbottle. Access to refill stations may be limited.
- Clean equipment with the cleaning system provided, both before & after use.
Did You Know?
As always, the Y is here to help. We know the pandemic has been a difficult time for many, so we’ve expanded our financial assistance program to support our community. It's easier than ever - a membership representative can immediately let you know the subsidy amount available, without the hassle of providing proof of income. We will also offer membership holds for those not yet able to return. To learn more about membership options, speak to your branch membership representative or contact our Membership Relations Team.