Featured Job - Registered Early Childhood Educator, Fulltime
Be the spark that ignites the potential in our Child Care! Join our team, where every day is different, and you’ll always be engaged in meaningful work with families, and children.
Position: Registered Early Childhood Educator
- All Regionis
Start Date: Ongoing
Salary: Starting at $17.50 – $22.00 per hour (includes the provincial wage enhancement grant)
• Monday through Friday (no weekends)
• Rotating shifts from 6:30am – 6:00pm - varies per location
• 7.5-hour workday
• 37.5-hour work week
At the Y, we believe that play is the primary way in which children learn. That's why our dedicated Early Childhood Educators implement our acclaimed YMCA Playing to Learn™ Curriculum at our Licensed Child Care Centres throughout the region.
At the YMCA, we know that play is a vehicle for natural learning and investigation. Our YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum supports health through regular exposure to the outdoors, recognizing the outdoor classroom and indoor classroom as equals.
In this role you will:
- Ensure compliance with Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and health unit regulations and YMCA of Southwestern Ontario policy and procedures.
- Ensure the implementation of the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum to meet the needs, special needs, interests, and talents of all children.
- Act as a YMCA ambassador, demonstrating YMCA core values in your daily work.
- Adhere to the Early Childhood Educator Code of Ethics and Standards
- Confirmation that you hold a standard first aid certificate- level C or include the date of training scheduled within the next three months. Training cost and time is at the expense of the applicant and not reimbursed. (Must be an approved training partner by WSIB)
- Current successful Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 6 months (must be
18 years or older)
- Experience working with children 0-12 years in a work or school placement setting.
- RECE’s - Current Registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators, Ontario
- New graduates of Early Childhood Education or a qualifying related field of study – proof of application to the College of Early Childhood Educators, Ontario
- Meet immunization requirements outlined in the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014
- It is a YMCA of Southwestern Ontario requirement that all employees and volunteers have a minimum of two vaccinations against COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted upon receipt of acceptable proof of a permissible Human Rights Code ground. This requirement has been suspended effective June 30, 2022. It may be reinstated in future should the state of public health in our communities require it.
Why The Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families.
As a multi-service charity, we provide childcare services, health and fitness branches, newcomer services, employment services, camps, and community programs to people across Southwestern Ontario. One of our Y’s strengths is creating quality programs for children and youth, and we are committed to helping our next generation grow and thrive.
At the Y:
- Be part of a caring and supportive network of people here to help each other succeed.
- Contribute to real, meaningful impact in the lives of children and youth.
- Receive a complimentary YMCA membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA child care and camp programs.
- Access vacation entitlement, up to 12 paid personal days, and a benefits package applicable with position/contract length.
1. In your cover letter, specifically state the position you are applying for and location. Job ID: CESRECE2023
2. Please include specific information detailing how you meet the qualifications we require for this position
3. Submit your cover letter, resume, and applicable attachments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Join the Y Team!
For more careers at the Y see our Current Opportunities