Featured Job - Regional Manager of Overnight Camping
Be the spark that ignites the potential in our overnight camp leaders! Join our Camp Team, where every day is different, and you’ll always be engaged in meaningful work with families, children, and youth.
Position: Regional Manager of Overnight Camping
- Wortley YMCA – 165 Elmwood Avenue, London, Ontario, N6C 0A8
- YMCA Camp Queen Elizabeth – Beausoleil Island, Honey Harbour, ON
- YMCA Camp Henry – Point Pelee National Park, Leamington, ON
Start Date: February, 2023
Salary: $77,000 - $93,000 (plus car allowance)
Our YMCA operates two unique overnight camps, each with their own special landscape, history, and experience.
YMCA Camp Queen Elizabeth
YMCA Camp Queen Elizabeth (CQE) is our heritage property, beloved by generations of families and a leader in providing quality camp experiences for youth since 1953. Located on the rocky shores of Beausoleil Island in Georgian Bay, its sunsets, cabins, trails, and waters are enjoyed by new and experienced campers year after year.
YMCA Camp Henry
YMCA Camp Henry is our newest overnight camp in Point Pelee National Park, with over 8km of wildlife and beaches along the beautiful shores of Lake Erie. The first of its kind in the area, our camp offers both day camp and overnight camp with the coolest accommodations: state-of-the-art oTENTiks (think ‘glamping’ for kids)!
In this role you will:
- Lead and ensure the quality and safety of life-changing camp experiences for children and youth.
- Inspire and support the overnight camp staff team, fostering their leadership and development.
- Steward the operations, maintenance, and sustainability of two unique overnight camping facilities.
- Engage and stay in touch with camp families and alumni, providing important and meaningful communications about the camp experience.
- Manage the operations of both overnight camps, including tactical plans, budgets, staffing, in line with operational goals.
- Act as an ambassador for the Y, demonstrating our core values (Caring, Respect, Honesty, Responsibility, Inclusiveness).
- 3 to 5 years of management experience and a strong operational knowledge of overnight camps.
- A meaningful connection to nature with a sense of adventure.
- A passion for supporting and motivating others through coaching and mentorship.
- Energy, flexibility, and a hands-on attitude in problem solving – you thrive in a busy environment!
- A commitment to inclusion and building a sense of belonging for everyone.
What you need to succeed:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Recreation, Education, Business, or a similar field of study.
- Skills in human resources and financial management, leadership, relationship-building, and communication.
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening, in line with our policy for all staff and volunteers.
Why The Y?
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to the development of healthy communities and open to people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities. We are committed to helping our employees reach their full potential and are recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Top Employers. We offer meaningful employment and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families.
As a multi-service charity, we provide childcare services, health and fitness branches, newcomer services, employment services, camps, and community programs to people across Southwestern Ontario. One of our Y’s strengths is creating quality programs for children and youth, and we are committed to helping our next generation grow and thrive.
At the Y:
- Be part of a caring and supportive network of people here to help each other succeed.
- Contribute to real, meaningful impact in the lives of children and youth.
- Receive a complimentary YMCA membership to our Health & Fitness facilities, and discounts on YMCA child care and camp programs.
- Access vacation entitlement, up to 12 paid personal days, and a benefits package applicable with position/contract length.
Provide a cover letter that showcases who you are, your specialized experience, and why you are the best candidate for this role. Please include the name of the position and location in your application.
Submit your cover letter, resume, and supporting documents via email to the attention of Krista Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org. The job posting deadline closes at midnight on January 29, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Southwestern Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our members/participants, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
Join the Y Team!
For more careers at the Y see our Current Opportunities