School Age Before & After Care
YMCA Before & After School care is a Licensed Child Care program that offers children ages 4 to 12 years with a fun and safe way to begin and end every school day. With over 100 locations throughout Southwestern Ontario, our Before & After School programs operate from September through June, right inside schools.
Curriculum is an essential component in creating a rich quality program. YMCA’s A Place to Connect curriculum delivers a comprehensive program that adopts a holistic approach demonstrated through planning, programming, and high-quality interactions.
Program activities include indoor and outdoor play, creative arts, sensory play, board games, building and construction toys. Children have fun while making friends in a relaxing, nurturing environment. Educators encourage and support children to explore and develop their interests through weekly programming, posted on the parent board in the classroom. Please ensure your child is dressed appropriately for daily outdoor play. We strive to allow the children to enjoy a minimum of 20 minutes of outdoor play in both the morning and afternoon program. Learn More about outdoor play.
The Kindergarten Before & After School program is designed for children ages 4 to 5 years and follows the YMCA Playing to Learn Curriculum.
The School Age Before & After School program is designed for children ages 6 to 12 years and follows the YMCA A Place to Connect Curriculum.
How to Register
1) Visit the One-List and complete the online waitlist application indicating the location and type of care you require.
- London and Middlesex, please create an account here.
- Elgin County, please create an account here.
- Oxford County, please create an account here
- County of Lambton, please create an account here
- Chatham-Kent, please create an account here
- Huron County, please create an account here
- Norfolk County, please create an account here
- Windsor-Essex, please create an account here
2) Once you have submitted your application through the One-List or OneHSN, you will receive a confirmation email from them. We will contact you once a space becomes available for your child(ren).
Please contact us at 519-907-5500 x1072 if you need assistance or would like to be connected with the Director of a specific school location.
Read more about School Age fees.